Friday, December 5, 2008

Elk Hunt


Wowzers!! What an exciting week I have had. My elk hunt started the day after Thanksgiving and ended yesterday. My hunting crew consisted of my wonderful husband, my brother Corey, and my father-in-law Bill. Both Bill and I had the elk tags. I have never hiked so much in my life. I have a huge blister from the 1st day on my heel and my oh my does it hurt! This late hunt is a very hard hunt especially in the unit I drew but with my wonerful hunting guides we were able to score 2 nice elk. My father-n-law killed a nice 6X6 on Tuesday and I killed a 6X5 on Wednesday. I have a few scope bites (the scope of the gun came back and nailed me in forehead everytime I shot) and yes I shot 9 times! 6 of the 9 hit the elk. Not so bad!! =) Anyways....I definetly had the time of my life and can't wait until I can do it again! The adrenaline rush is just so awesome it is hard to describe!

2 comments:

The Evans said...

Yay on killing your first elk!!

Shay said...

Congrats on your first Elk...hahaha.... sorry i cant stop laughing about the scope issue... Jimmy tells me its happens to a lot of people though. Im glad you had fun